Cabinets for Healthcare
This week zioxi are exhibiting at Healthcare + in London, and we thought this was the perfect opportunity to share a case study with University Hospitals Leicester. We worked with them to develop a secure charging solution for their Electronic Observation Devices, to assist with reaching their goal to become a paperless institution. Electronic observations are becoming more popular as a solution in hospitals as a faster and more efficient information system. This means more mobile devices like iPads and Tablets are in use and so there needs to be somewhere to store and charge these efficiently.
Working with the hospital zioxi discovered that there were some very specific requirements that we needed to accommodate for this project. The units had to be very easy to clean with no areas to collect germs. The staff needed to be able to put their devices on charge with one hand and the unit had to fit neatly on the wards without taking up valuable desk space.
And the Slimline cabinet was born…
- Easy to clean shelves to avoid germs hiding at the back
- Tiny footprint to fit on the wall behind the desk on a ward.
- Easy to charge devices simply place in and then plug in with one hand.
- Same lock as medical cabinets for familiarity for staff
- Easy to install and cable up with only a short length of cable shown to avoid trapping in doors or tangles.
Following zioxi’s success and continued relationship with University Hospitals Leicester, other hospitals are now using our bespoke solutions for their own device charging used for electronic observations. Other clients include Great Ormond Street, Great Western Hospitals, Swindon and North Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust.